Saturday, September 26, 2009

I promise to do a real update in the morning. When I wake up morning, not 2 AM right now morning.

I know, I know, I'm behind again. I was getting a tad upset about the paucity of comments but you guys have delivered so it's time for me to return the favor. I thought I'd start by writing about an adventure, since I think I might have had one today and this blog is supposed to be about my adventures anyway. But I have some questions first. Do you guys care about the food of the week posts? Because I think of little else, it's hard for me to conceive of anyone not caring about New Zealand delicacies but judging by the number of comments I generally receive about Food of the Week, you guys don't seem so interested. What about Word of the Week? Even though this mostly blog is self-indulgent, I intend it be for y'all and I really do want you guys to enjoy it. If you'd rather I write about something else, please let me know. I don't act like it, but I am capable of considering other people from time to time.
This post is to let you know that I'm aware I'm once again behind but I'm working on it! Just give me some sweet time.

EDIT or UPDATE or whatever bloggers are supposed to say when they revise posts:
I took this post down so no one would get confused about the ordering and miss last week's word of the week. A little bird told me another bossier little bird was upset I deleted it (and all the comments that came with it). Of course I did not delete it! Your comments are what make this blog worthwhile. And I'm sure as Steve not gonna delete any comments with flattery or ill-advised permission to do "what I feel like."
Since I'm going to guess you've all seen the profanity post by now, this one goes back up. I'm very nearly finished with the next post, but in the mean time, you can look at the new photos I've added to my Picaso web album.
Cheers,
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Rachel I love all of your posts, even food of the week. Today Carolyn and I watched the New Zealand Prime minister on David Letterman, and he said something in new zealandie. I thougth "damn, I wish Rachel would update her word of the week so that I might have an idea on what he was saying" and Carolyn was all like "yeah I agree, I have also been rethinking my Pulp obsesseion, I mean Jarvis Cocker isn't THAT great." Are you surpries at the last thing Carolyn said? I know I was! But it is in quotes, so it must be true. Anyways, I would like to apologize for not commenting as often as I should. I have to sign in to comment, and sometimes that is just more work than it is worth.

    *I would like to point out that I am fully aware of the fact that Carolyn replied to my thoughts. It was just easier to leave it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I remember the above conversation that occurred in Molly's head. I think her reply was something along the lines of "You know I've also been thinking a lot about Flight of the Conchords recently. As great as I think they are, Bret Mckenzie and Jemaine Clement really can't hold a candle to Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding. Let's face it, The Boosh has better accents, more attractive stars, and catchier music. And to be honest, they are just flat out funnier.

    Rachel, you put way too much pressure on yourself over this blog. We love what you do and I promise I'm not bitting my nails every morning as I log onto the computer and then cursing your name when I don't see a new entry. Write about whatever you want chickadee!

    And can you translate this (Its what John Keys said on Letterman):
    Get the Whanau together, stay in a bach, crack open the chilly bin, and slap on your jandals. Letterman also accidently called New Zealand, New England which was lame. I don't know if I told you this but about a month ago one of my favorite bands was booked to play on his show (Elbow - also known as the nicest rock band ever!) but he let his second guest/ old drinking buddy no one had ever heard of talk way too long and so he ran out of time. And he didn't even really apologize so Letterman is way down on my coolameter right now. Anyways, what the heck am I rambling about? This comment ends....now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, it's actually Mom. I can't remember my g-mail account, so I have to post under Molly. Does it surprise you that I can't remember my new account? I love all your posts, but I'm lousy at responding because I can't remember my g-mail account. Oh, did I mention that? I love the food--pineapple lumps sound....hmmmm, lumpish. My favorites probably are the word or the week. Just keep the posts coming. OK? Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only you knew how looking at your blog saves me from thinking about my own life as an accounting major at ASU. This is about your New Zealand experience, and that means writing about anything and everything that is New Zealand and Rachel: namely, food and sometimes-vulgar colloquialisms. Please don't refrain from blogging about something just because I don't have quite the same gastronomical maturity as you, and don't always know what to say about pineapple lumps and ginger beer. Just revel in the fact that you are more interesting than anyone I know... except for maybe the Sedaris family. Rachel, the world deserves your drama!

    ReplyDelete