Thursday, July 30, 2009

I think you're a nice...modern gentleman.

Lately I've been getting these urgent impulses to cut my hair really, really short again- a la Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby. Since I know I would terribly regret following through with that impulse, I've had to placate myself by doing Mod make-up and dressing as close to Mod as I can.
In other words, I wore my very impractical miniskirt (despite the freezing cold) and a ton of eyeliner and mascara. I imagine I looked ridiculous (pale lips and "twiggies" aren't really in vogue in New Zealand or probably anywhere) but I felt rather sexy in the weirdly androgyny, Twiggy-like way. To top it off, it started to rain as I was walking into town and I happened to have my very Mod polka-dot umbrella. As I was walking through town in the rain, twirling my umbrella Attempt at Mod Makeup. Smiling is very un-Mod I felt so terribly Mod I considered buying gum (which I've sworn off) when I remembered that it was the 29th back in the ol' un-mod US of A. As in the day Carolyn gets to meet her own personal Jesus, Jarivs Cocker. Carolyn, I'm very sorry I forgot because I really am very excited for you. I prayed to my Boosh Shrine that you'd get a good view of him.
So really this post is an apology to you and excuse to show off my new photo editing program. It's called Paint.net and it's free and amazing. The pictures in this post took a really long time so appreciate them. In fact, you might get a surprise if you click on them...

2 comments:

  1. I am a rocker and you are a mod! We are mortal enemies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do your eyeliner like that? Mine never looks right and gets smudged whenever I cry about you being gone. I think you should do your makeup like that every day for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete