Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kiwi Food of the Week

I had another Food of the Week Post started already but in light of recent events, I think an emergency re-ordering is necessary. So this week's Food of the Week is...



The Mighty Satsuma!


As you probably don't know if you're not Carolyn or me the three seasons of The Mighty Boosh were released on DVD for the first time in North American yesterday. And today I found out that they are actually coming to California to publicize the release. They're going to be on Jimmy Fallon and Chelsea Lately and they're doing discussion panels and book signings which Carolyn could totally go to if she wanted to. I was so filled with geeky glee when I heard this I ran down to the produce store to buy a bag full of Mandarin satsumas (I'd been holding off for a special occasion). Carolyn can imagine my delight when a walked past...

A mandarin satsuma and his friend Mr. Jazz Apple.

Jazz Apples

I'm not exaggerating when I say the jazz apple was the best apple I've ever had. I really love apples and I've always thought Mac's were my favorite but these are better. The flavor is too complex to describe but it's sweet with notes of honey. The satsuma was rather flavorless but I imagine it's just luck of the draw like regular Mandarin oranges.

The satsuma is naked, just like I'll never see Noel Fielding.

If you don't understand what satsumas and jazz apples have to do with The Mighty Boosh for god's sake please watch these clips:


Satsumas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7b0sSx7FU


Jazz Trance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwQ_zeRwEs






3 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll never see Noel naked, but you can come somewhat close in this clip.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoWZXyrvlW0

    And I'm sorry to say it's just not going to work out. It's $50 to change my flight and the last flight out is 8:00pm so I'm afraid I wouldn't make it in time. I was talking to Mom about this and I didn't even mention the flight time, just the $50 and this is how the conversation went:

    Mom: What! No way would I do that! No!
    Me: Yeah, it is kinda expensive.
    Mom: $50 for an autograph! That's too much money. And what, do they just sit there?!
    Me: No, they do cartwheels as well.
    Mom: What?
    Me: Nevermind.

    Sigh. She just doesn't understand these things. Kaitlyn's Dad brought home the DVD and made her watch an episode. How cool is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, only $50? I'd totally do it. I bet told me they do a lot more than cartwheels (although they might do those if you asked).
    I know, Kaitlyn told me on facebook.
    I hope you liked this post because it was pretty much for me and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did like it thanks. I was just thinking that with these last two posts this blog went from "For Libbie: Rachel's Fantastic Adventures" to "For Carolyn and Rachel: To geek out over a show no one but them cares about". I am sincerly bummed that I can't change my flight now. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete