Sunday, July 5, 2009








Hello Libbie, family!
I don’t know when I’ll get to talk to you, so I guess I’ll just write about my trip so far instead. Well, I made it and am here Hamilton, New Zelaland
My trip went very well, for the most part. I got aisle seats both flights! On the flight from Phoenix to L.A. I sat next to a soldier on his way to see his wife and kids for the first time in two years and a married mother of two. Actually, I should clarify that the soldier and his wife were separated (she was seeing someone else) but they stayed married for the extra money the military gives spouses. I know this because they were extremely friendly with each other and spent most of the flight talking. They spent the rest of the flight making out. It was dark, mid you, but they were also partially in my seat. Very discourteous. I’m glad the flight was only an hour.


The flight from L.A. to Auckland was comparatively awesome. No one sat in the center seat and the many sitting in the window seat didn’t try any funny business. entertainment options were more than I could have asked for. I got to watch four (second season!) episodes of Flight of the Conchords. That was very appropriate because there’s not way I would’ve been on that plane if it weren’t for them. It was also very calming to hear something that was both familiar and Kiwi. I could’ve also watched a ton of great movies too but instead I watched two episodes of The IT Crowd. Even though Noel Fielding wasn’t in any of the episodes, I still felt like someone was watching over me. Plus when Moss gets angry, you can close your eyes and pretends it’s Saboo.


These guys helped me through some dark times.


Kind of rocked. And it made it easy to find my way back to my seat in the dark because I was the only person watching The IT Crowd.


And of course they served Diet Coke so really the only Rachel thing that flight was missing was Simon Pegg and an SRP commercial featuring Steve Nash. Even the food wasn’t bad. I thought the chicken dinner was pretty good until I got horribly ill. But that didn’t last long. .


The airline also gave us a candybag but I was too sick to eat it on the plane and I had to throw out any food I brought with me because of the New Zealand quarantine. It was probably good I got sick though because it made me tired and I spent a good deal of the flight sleeping. I haven’t had any problems with jetlag.
We landed about 7:30 NZ time and I didn’t have any problems getting trough customs or finding the shuttle bus driver. When I finally got to the university n






1 comment:

  1. Nice illustration. I bet if I could kiss like that I would have a boyfriend, and a reputation.

    ReplyDelete