Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've had dresses with higher IQ's than you!

I realize my last post was entirely self-serving so this one will be for your benefit. Not really, actually, but I'm asking for your personal input so I hope that gratifies some of you.

Next week the halls of residence are having a masquerade ball. I realized too late that this will involve dancing (and thus touching and other awkward social situations) so I agreed to go with my flatmates. However, it does rationalize me buying an unnecessary black shift dress and the shoes I'm going to buy to match. I am damn sad I didn't bring my metallic mauve peeptoe pumps with me now but hopefully I can find some outrageously tacky heels when I go dress shopping with Lisa and Sanna in Auckland Saturday.
Moving on: POLL TIME! The dress is a little too boring (and probably informal) for a ball so I thought I'd liven it up by layering. Here are the contenders:
And there's also this, which I'm not so keen on:
I think it's too stuffy for a ball and I'll likely end up earing to class (belted with broches and hose, of course). Although, I'd wear any of these to class so I guess I'm damned anyway. I should probably add that I'm also going to wear a broche, belt/ribbon and hose to the ball as well but I can't decide which ones just yet. Or probably ever.

There's going to be an ongoing dinner and live bands as well as an afterparty- how sophisticated! I'm very much hoping the ball will be inside because it will be absolutely freezing if it's not and what I'm wearing will be irrelavant since I won't be able to take me coat off.
Anyhow, I'm trying not to think too much about the ball but I would appreciate your thoughts so let me hear them.








7 comments:

  1. Purple. Purple. Purple. Also, if it is a masquerade ball, you need a MASK! Is there a theme for the ball? If so, you need a theme for your costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is definitely best. How does it look from the back though? The collar I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress has a very high back so you can't see the collars. I"m leaning toward purple too because then I can wear the lace broche Libbie made me. But since it's a tie so far I need her imput before I can decide...
    Even though it's a masquerade ball I don't think anyone will wear a mask but I'll probably end up making one because that's the sort of childish thing I like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it a tie? 3 + 1 =4. Purple wins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really like the white blouse under the dress; then you could cluster two pins together and wear any color shoe you want. And you could curl your hair and wear red lipstick!

    http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/2/29811/11_2008/292811.jpg

    ReplyDelete