Saturday, August 22, 2009

What's wrong with a little destruction?

Carolyn told me last night that everyone who reads this blog is going to see Franz Ferdinand. At first I was extremely excited for Libbie since Franz Ferdinand is her Mighty Boosh, her Rushmore. But then I got a little jealous. Carolyn got to see Jarvis Cocker, Molly has Bret's t-shirt and Libbie's seeing Franz Ferdinand. When is it Rachel's turn? Maybe you're right Carolyn, maybe it's time I learn that it's never my turn. I mean, besides the fact that I'm living in the most exquisitely beautiful place on earth (check out my new photos in my picaso web album). But no Bret or Jemaine sightings yet. Although, there are posters of Rhys Darby Everywhere telling us to save the environment.

I'm also upset because I won't get to see Libbie overly excited like she's seen me many, many times. Are you ever uncomposed? I guess I'll never know. Since I'm not a rockstar and I can't afford to be destructive, I'll probably do something aggresively constructive like ripping apart coke cans to make jewellery or angry baking to channel my dissapointment. And while I'm doing this I'll listen to Franz Ferdinand and pretend I'm at the concert with y'all. So I guess I will be there, in spirit. Libbie, I dedicate this song to you:

Don't do anything your future husband would be ashamed to hear about. Unless it gets you backstage. Then I encourage you to use all your womanly assets. But good luck understanding them.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, in reality I'm just like you. Seeing them up close was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me, and I was rocking back and forth and laughing nervously on the inside. Thanks for the support and tolerance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Franz Ferdinand was great, but unfortunately they only played for about 40 minutes, everything was set to schedule. Still, really worth seeing. Green Day was surprisingly entertaining, imagine if Betelgeuse fronted a punk band (with all the maturity that implies) and you would have a pretty good idea of the concert. It's nothing I'd listen to in real life, but for one night it was fun to jump up and down to.

    ReplyDelete