Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cookie Time!

I decided that Thursday is my official cookie-making day. I don't have class Friday so Thursday nigths I've been livin' it up the only way I know how: baking while listening to glam rock. I'm not afraid of living on the edge. Neither apparently is Cookie Muncher, the mascot of Cookie Time, New Zealand's most popular cookie brand. I see his face pretty much everywhere I go. He seems to be a rather trippy rip-off of both the cookie monster and H.R. Puffinstuff. But I guess I should show some gratitude because he's responsible for the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookie I've ever had. It really tasted like a cookie!

Anyhow, this Thursday, I made...


Coconut Meringues with Lime Curd Filling

4 comments:

  1. I dragged the keyboard out of the attic today. Everyone is overjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I can hear you playing Heart and Soul in "gunshot" mode. Glad I'm not home for that. I hope you find employment soon. Es un chiste! But seriously, I love that Jarvis Cocker clip you sent me. What a great song! And I love his face at the end when he says, "That's happy, that one."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks for the tip, I was getting kinda tired of playing Chopsticks in "bird" mode anyways. That song is good, innit? Apparently it was written in the late nineties for the Notting Hill soundtrack, but was cut. 98 Degrees made it through though. So now, not only has that film made the grievous error of the 30-second casting of Dylan Moran as a soundboard for which to bounce Julia Robert's terrible one-liner off of, but it also rejected a Pulp song. For shame.

    ReplyDelete