Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.

The weather is really beautiful today and I'm done with class until Monday so I think I'm going to continue on with the awesomeness theme. Last week some awesome things happened to me, or rather, I bought some awesome things.
Last Wednesday I walked all over town trying to find a suitably tacky pair of heels to go with my dress for the Masquerade Ball. I didn't find any then, but I did find a Salvation army store which had this (for $5.00!):Just buying it made me feel like a badass teenage rebel which is nice because I think wearing this jacket is the closest I'll ever get to being more like Daniel Desario than Sam Weir. Plus, this one has lovely darting so I don't have to worry about losing my shape while I'm rejecting societal conventions.
But, since I am first and foremost a lady I had to balance out m purchase with this:


It's sparkly, it has ruffles and it's a cardigan- all things Rachel. It's also a medium which means it doesn't fit. When I saw it in the store I convinced myself it'd be slouchy-casual, like boyfriend jeans. When I got home I discovered it is simply Too Big. Luckily, this hasn't stopped me from wearing it...

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a jean jacket... and I like the sweater! How are those New Zealand boys? Oh Oh I just got season 2 of FOTC on DVD! But you're in New Zealand, so I think you win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what! I finally figured out how to comment! thanks to the mysterious LJ. Now I have to say that I like your jean jacket. It is so punk. Now update your blog!

    ReplyDelete