Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What has two thumbs, speaks limited Spanish and hasn't cried once this month? Este mi!

Yesterday marked the one month anniversary of my arrival in Hamilton. It's strange to think I've been here a month already but now that I've had a month to consider I can definitively say I love New Zealand. I love waking up each morning to a leisurely breakfast of kiwis, kiwi tea (I'm now a tea-drinker) and muesli. I love how everywhere looks like postcard. I love walking over the Waikato River on my way into town. I love how friendly and relaxed the people are. I love the astounding number of exciting things to do here. I think part of the reason I can't believe it's been a month already is because there's so much left to explore. Which I will be doing Saturday when I take a three-hour blackwater rafting trip through Waimato's famous glow worm caves. In short, my life is kind of awesome.
I think the only thing I don't like about New Zealand is that generally laid-back atmosphere is rubbing off on me. Since coming here I've been so...lazy. For example, today I was planning to go back and fix the last two posts which I posted accidentally and couldn't be bothered to edit. Then I was going to do two or three more posts since I've decided Wednesday is my blogging day. I was also going to go to the gym. Clearly, none of this happened. So I hope you can believe me when I say that from now on I really am going to try to work harder on this blog. Starting tomorrow.
Cheers,
~Rachel~

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you like it over there! Do you think you are more relaxed when you cook too? Because our tv show Stress Cooking is really going to take a hit if I can't depend on you to be neurotic, fidgety, and sexy all at the same time in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may try to look calm when I cook but inside it's still the same. I think you and I both know I couldn't stop being a stressed-out, fidgety, neurotic if I tried. And the sexy, well I'm working on that daily.
    I'm tremendously honored you'd consider us cooking together in an imaginary future. I remember a time when you said you'd never cook with me again...
    Apparently not my sister, though. Molly said you're making lunch together. I'm jelous but I'm not going to cry about and ruin my eyeliner. I use eyeshadow and a wet angle brush by the way. It cuts nice clean lines just like your absence is cutting through my heart.

    ReplyDelete